3.21.2005

Hooray for pictures

Well I finally figure out how to add pictures. It's kind of complicated, but if you have a blog and read this and want to do it yourself, ask me and I'll try to help you out.

I'm part of a union at work. I count myself among all the handy people of the world such as plumbers, electricians, carpenters and especially pipe fitters as someone who is protected by a collective bargaining agreement. For about 11 dollars a week, I get.... well.... something. Other than "protection", I'm not sure what else I get. Don't mess with the Local 2324, that's all I'll say. Solidarity.

Some of the Union folk here at BU take themselves seriously and I receive an online newsletter every now and then. Now I usually try to separate politics in work. It's really easy because I don't consider myself as actually having politics. I go with the flow and try to just stay mellow. As long as I have TV, the Internet, and as much money as possible, I'm cool. That being said, I find it somewhat amusing, and somewhat wrong that an "ad" like this is printed in the online newsletter:



It just doesn't seem like the forum for a negative political message. I don't agree with all of W's views, but the man is president. Whining and moaning about it doesn't work and it especially doesn't make sense to put it in a newsletter titled "Coffeebreak." Damn. Just let me drink my coffee in peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->