8.09.2005

Threat of Limited Daylight Savings Greater than Threat of Terrorism

That's my attempt at an Onion-style headline.

I'm not a political guy. In fact, I hate the partisanship and the whining on both sides; but this daylight savings time extension on the new energy bill is ridiculous. Thank God there's going to be more daylight in the evening and less in the mornings in March. I love going to work when it's dark out, and I really look forward to having more daylight when I leave work -- there's nothing I anticipate more than a nice, daylight stroll in the frozen-rain hell of March in New England.

This is obviously a cleverly disguised anti-Massachusetts bill formed by Republicans.

Congress claims this measure will save 1% on energy costs. I sure hope that the rising price of oil can keep up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->