12.27.2005

Just Give Me the Pulitzer

I took some time to look back at my previous posts... and I don't want to sound vain or anything, but... damn, I am a good writer. I would even go so far as to say that 85-90% of what I write is well done.

If you're new to the Angry Young Bostonian, I urge you to read these past entries:

Be a Man.
Up Means Up. Down Means Down.
A List that Doesn't Pat Itself on the Back.
I'm Allergic to Apples.
Thursday Night is Dead.

I feel that these are definitely cream of the crop, but if you take a look at the dates, all but the last entry is from 2004. Here we are, coming up on 2006 and I have only one self-defined "good" entry this year. I definitely feel that my writing has slipped recently, so maybe my "realistic" New Year's resolution should be to work on my writing. I can certainly work to improve my writing while I avoid the gym during January as everyone else half-heartedly works on their "lose some weight" resolutions that usually become lost causes by MLK day.

I've been toying with the idea of signing up for a writing course. Has anyone out there (all 4 of you) taken a writing course from Grub Street? They are essentially a Boston/Cambridge-based writers collaborative. One of their roles is to offer writing workshops and courses. They're also significantly cheaper than a college course.

Anyway, hope you enjoy the blast from the past in the form of five top-flight blog entries.

1 Comments:

Blogger Coolhand complained...

haven't heard of them. pass along the info. i might be down for joining you.

12/28/2005 5:08 PM
comment permalink  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->