7.30.2007

Go Go Garnett

So it looks like Kevin Garnett might call Boston home in the next few days. I think the gut reaction around here is "No! Save Al Jefferson!", but I think there's a lot more to this deal, especially if KG signs an extension.

I guess the big comparison is how Al Jefferson would have developed over the next five years vs. how Kevin Garnett will perform over the next five years. Jefferson may be a better athlete than Garnett in 2012, but he could also break his hand next year. Always buy on fact and sell on potential.

There are just too many unknowns with Al Jefferson to make it worth keeping him if the Celtics can have Kevin Garnett in his place: last year was only his second season and he missed 12 games. Garnet has missed 12 games -- in the last five seasons, plus he's had essentially the same game averages of 22/12/4.5 for the last 10 years.

The more I think about it, the more I like it. I'll be sad to see Al go, but if the Celtics can lock up Kevin Garnett for 5-6 more years, I say, why not?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->