9.18.2005

Can I Get a Hell Yeah?

I'm wondering if I'm the only person to find the Daily Show unfunny. I just don't get how Jon Stewart, reading some news while video plays, and then mugging for the camera is hilarious -- even Emmy-worthy, as I write this during the Emmy telecast. The news-reading and commentary is just plain stupid -- and not in the funny way. The taped segments are occasionaly funny, but most of the time just one joke ponies. The only good thing about the show are the guest interviews. The audience is treated to authors, columnists and other personalities that other late night talk show bookers would probably overlook. Too bad this is not what the show is known for and I don't plan on sitting through 20 minutes of non-entertainement for it.

Hilarious, itn'd it?

Jon Stewart and the Daily Show are the benificiaries of great timing on the part of the US Government and the Republicans that control it. When the balance of power eventually tilts towards the left, how many pot-smoking college students and the like enjoy the majority of jokes aimed at the Dems?

Conan is king. Why can't everyone else agree?

3 Comments:

Blogger Coolhand complained...

Hmm...I agree and disagree. I'll blog about it! Thanks.

9/19/2005 6:04 PM
comment permalink  
Blogger Elliott complained...

The biggest problem I have with the Daily Show and Jon Stewart is how it's been anointed by the media and liberal public as hip and cutting edge political satire. I really don't think they are. The fake news? Cue clip of Bush, cut to Stewart making a weird face, and then the audience wildly applauding. Oh, I get it. Bush is stupid. Politicians are dumb. Okay, so the show is what it is. But I wish Stewart would take the opportunity to use whatever cache and popularity he has to dig a bit deeper and go beyond the cheap and obvious laugh.

9/21/2005 12:16 AM
comment permalink  
Anonymous Anonymous complained...

You are all wrong. The Daily Show is funny and I have the science to prove it.

They do a good show every night. It's hard to "dig a little deeper" when you've got like 5 hours to make a show.

11/17/2005 1:12 AM
comment permalink  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->