8.24.2006

Saturday Night Gone

Saturday Night Live is supposedly cutting down its cast before the show returns to the air in September. Several different news reports have come out today and yesterday, but they all contain a different set of names.

If I had to get rid of four Not Ready for Prime Time Players, I'd boot Horatio Sanz, Finesse Mitchell, Bill Hader and Jason Suediis (I don't even know what he looks like). All are unfunny and Sanz couldn't not flub a line/break character if his life depended on it. If I had my way, I'd boot the entire cast, crew, and producers and broadcast an hour and a half of static. I bet that hour and a half of static would be a lot more funny that an episode of SNL. A colonoscopy is probably more funny than an episode of SNL these days.

NBC should take a queue from ABC, which will no longer be broadcasting Monday Night Football -- it's OK to do away with your network institutions. When the funniest thing you've broadcast in several years (Lazy Sunday) is a taped piece written by non-staff writers, you have a problem.

1 Comments:

Blogger Elliott complained...

I actually like the current cast -- with exception to Horatio Sanz (we all knew Chris Farley, and you, sir, are no Chris Farley) and Finesse Mitchell (I've rarely seen him in a sketch that doesn't involve him playing 'the other black guy' to Kenan Thompson). It's just the writing that's terrible.

I caught the pilot for '30 Rock' -- ten times funnier than SNL, due in large part to Alec Baldwin and Tracy Morgan.

8/29/2006 2:59 PM
comment permalink  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->