1.30.2006

Cooking with Carl

Now that I have a lot of free time during the day, I've taken to getting more creative with my dinner meal choices. During periods of chronic employment, I ususally come home too tired to do much preparation for dinner. If I do end up making something "nice" (meaning, something baked in the oven with a side), I usually don't sit down until 8pm. This predicament ususally left me quickie options of pasta, soup, and maybe steak.

From time to time I'll give a little recap of my adventures in the kitchen.

For those of you who like fish, you know that it's kind of tough to deal with outside of a restaurant. You usually need to eat it fresh (unless it's frozen shrimp or scallops) and fresh fish doesn't freeze well for long-term keeping. Last week I went the route with a really good cream-sauce topping. Here is the recipe if you're interested. The fish itself has layer of garlic and ginger crumbs and is topped with a sauce made from sour cream, Caribbean jerk seasoning and a few other things. It's an easy recipe that takes about 45 minutes to get ready (and another 15 or so for cooking). The salmon was a little pricey at about five dollars for 3/4 of a pound. Give it a shot -- it's worth the effort for something different.

Tonight I'm going to liven up my steak. We'll see how it goes.

3 Comments:

Blogger Coolhand complained...

Do what I do, and everytime you put a spice onto your meat say, "BAM!"

1/30/2006 2:11 PM
comment permalink  
Blogger jomilkman complained...

you'll have to tell us how the steak goes. i'm in the market for some good rub and marinade ideas.

1/31/2006 10:19 AM
comment permalink  
Anonymous Anonymous complained...

I made this one for Mira Clark last week...There were no complaints

2/01/2006 11:48 AM
comment permalink  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->