10.02.2006

Bittersweet Vindication

Has it really been 12 days since the last post? Time flies. I'm still unpacking, eating dinner with future-in-laws and getting full-time jobs.

The Simmons hate-a-thon is in its opening throes:

Read this first (optional, but helpful for context).

Read this.

Read this after.

Essentially, Bill Simmons lives in an insular world in which is "cutting edge"-ness is actually tempered by his employers. He provides a few interesting ideas every three months, but ultimately his schtick is just that: contrived, expected and used way-too-much. I'll admit I give him the hometown critical discount because I do enjoy when he talks about the Celtics' glory days, but I can definitely see how non-Boston-based bloggers can feel their bile rising.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->